You will be shocked by the failure of SAP Implementation due to companies rushing ahead without 1st conducting the required planning and due struggle, or by putting a team of Managers in charge without the relevant SAP Implementation perception.
Doing the right preparation and calling the right team in place to manage the SAP Implementation is most important to success.
Some Tips Are Here For You:
To help you getting right things, we asked some leading SAP Management professionals towards their Successful SAP Implementation management & they said:
- Consider SAP Implementation as a business changing program & not just an IT project!
Traditional companies in which an implementation of SAP takes a serious investment, they generally do not get the attention of senior business management which requires getting the maximum business benefits. Sometimes a SAP project is been leading via IT management, along with CFO involvement to control the costs, but except that the business functions like Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Production and Procurement have limited involvement in mentioned project and often follows ‘other things to do’. They have self-business strategies to execute; to getting market share, manage stocking levels and WIP or get cost savings. They consider that they cannot commit their excellent business people towards what they view as ‘just an IT project’.
Perceptions show that when SAP project is utilized as a tool for Enterprise Transformation, the business case could be dramatically elevated and requires only limited additional costs. SAP projects shouldn’t be assumed as pure IT projects, but it’s as Big business change programs, which need senior management commitment from every affected business procedures to lead the changes. And they need their Top Users to be made present for the project. These Top Users are needed to identify and lead the business to alter initiatives like Service Centres implements share, Global Master Data Governance, Operation planning & sales etc.
Best try for successful projects is to use a clean & clear methods to identify, schedule, manage and track business profits, combined with all clear responsibilities and communication.
- Concern more on decent project planning & execution than worried too much about selecting the right project methodology.
Companies conduct to use a particular project methodology for almost every of their IT projects. Provided the range of methodologies available and the methodologies maturity and systems being implemented, the methodology selected in my view, should be pertinent to the needs of the specific project. My opinion and recommendations are based on my perception of two of the more commonly utilized methodologies: waterfall and agile.
Most companies are using the waterfall thought in which distinct sequential phases followed and this has worked well for most customers if they know their planning and execution place on. Poor planning and execution of results are not being accomplished on time. This invokes contingency scheduling when things start to come behind schedule. Then start next phase and overlaps through the previous phase and you have to plan and response a good thing. You also try to see deliverable dates shift to the right within a phase which might look fine and achievable in the form of theory, but becomes unachievable actually.
- Anticipate problems & think one step ahead:
We all know there are issues with SAP projects & people’s roles, conflicts and issues like expectations not being fully met… these factors together can transform SAP implementation of the project into a nightmare. Thus, a good project manager must be pro-active (ahead thinking), and a few steps ahead by the rest of the team, concerning on ANTICIPATING PROBLEMS is really vital to a successful project. Managing a project is different than controlling costs, managing people & tasks, and activities & making sure that everything is executed on time. A project manager is not considered as an administrative role. Therefore how can we anticipate problems, provided that project managers are not supersensibly?
A good project manager must be belonging to this property:
- Understanding of the project implementation objective and what the company wants to gain;
- Should be business oriented and understanding the business along with studying the company and being strategic;
- Be in contact with the project sponsor, always discuss whether what is completed & what should be done, also the planning;
- Have the ability to adjust requirements management if this will lead to actual improvements;
- Take into an assumption that what look to be a minor issue may still cause obstacles and reduce team productivity.
- Troubleshoot problems with people in the project (i.e. team resources, stakeholders, key users and end-users) understanding that their perception and the project implementation working way;
- Providing the right SAP resources/team in place
A team is only as strong as that’s the weakest link, having the correct resources in place is, therefore, necessary for a successful SAP Implementation project. You require a top team built to present to the wide spectrum of threads that require to be woven together, from political dimensions and organisational change management aspects and project management perspectives and technical topics, operational pragmatism, quality requirements and business process engineering and to create the final tapestry that is a completed constituency of shareholders throughout the business, excel improved profitability on a business procedure platform engineered for the future.
A few important assumptions when hiring resources:
- Consultants with the relevant SAP experience must not be hired, hire Consultants who also carry the relevant business process/industry-specific perception.
- Utilize “tried and tested” resources from your believed resource partners or private network.
- The continuous retaining of the same team members with the project can be a huge asset. Where probable hire local resources or those who clearly focused and keen to join and relocating for the foreseeable future.
So, this was all you should know about the SAP. For more such updates keep reading the blogs at Samarpan Infotech.