SharePoint Framework Extensions was in the glare of publicity, at the Microsoft Ignite 2017 event. With its release in August, we have detected a substantial enthusiasm among its users. The SharePoint has lately introduced ‘Framework Extensions’ which can be added to expand the user experience. Let’s here inspect the new extensions as well as look at the benefits they can provide.
New SharePoint Framework Extensions and their Benefits
These Extensions are to be utilized to give a well-to-do UX to the users. The SharePoint framework extensions will enable customization of aspects including toolbars, notification areas, & list data views. Each of the Office 365 tenants can utilize its extensions for the usage of production.
The Framework Extensions will improve the user experience through offering the facility of new pages & document libraries, making use of client-side development. You can have three new extension kinds added recently to SharePoint Framework mentioned below.
- Field Customizers: It works to offer modified views to data for fields inside a list.
- App Customizers: Allows adding scripts to the page, enables access to eminent HTML element placeholders & customizing the rendering.
- Command Sets: Contains an extension of command surfaces to insert new actions, & provide client-side code, which users can utilize to execute behaviors.
The Add-in model
App-part or add-in model is the presently available option which runs like a solution in the NoScript. Implementing this action, iFrame is built where the real experience resides as well as executes. The biggest benefit is that it possesses no access to the present DOM connection, which is due to the reason that it is external to the system. This gets it simpler for the users to have faith in the source & deploy. Most prominently, it helps the end users to set up the add-ins on the NoScript sites.
Knowing the Modern UI
It is the new term introduced in the technology world to clinch the novel changes in the SharePoint Framework. Several of the mainly adopted tools which helped in building the novel extensions are Sass CSS, AngularJS, ReactJS, & Gulp. SharePoint made use of these tools in the following ways:
- Sass: It is the premier CSS extension language that is stable and powerful. SharePoint used CSS as extensions to leverage from page functionality such as combining multiple CSS rules, referencing parent selectors, nesting of properties into other properties for grouping, and supporting placeholder selector using a class or ID selector by making use of @extend directive.
- AngularJS: It is the premier structural framework intended for dynamic web apps. The Framework adopted AngularJS to grant a material design for new UX/UI for its users.
- ReactJS: It is the perfect tool to build interactive user interfaces. SharePoint adopted ReactJS to effectively update as well as render the appropriate components the time when data changes. It can moreover render on the server through Node.js & power mobile applications through React Native. The react offers the users with a native experience.
- Gulp: Gulp is actually toolkit which assists in automating the time-consuming tasks in development workflow. Framework optimized Gulp for the process of deployment.
Making better UX/UI in Framework of SharePoint is at the present intuitive with the designing components. It will enable the designers as well as power users to immediately design & apply business branding through the configuration wizards that is browser-based.
Moreover, building up a responsive site has got compulsory for businesses & maintain the UX is essentially challenging. The Framework with the modern tools has assisted us to attain them with ease as well as minimal coding.
I hope this information about the latest Framework Extensions assists you to imagine modern ways to customize your apps and application within the SharePoint new experience & automate activities. You can get the best benefits of SharePoint development services, by having the great assistance of Samarpan Infotech.